Alignment Instructions for Community CollegesThe following provides guidelines for CAP alignment for California community colleges.
To begin CAP alignment
- Review your current courses and revise or develop courses as needed to align.
- Contact the CAP team for support in completing and submitting the alignment documents. Contact information for the CAP Leads can be found under Technical Assistance.
Steps in CAP alignment
- The CAP team reviews the materials you submitted and makes a determination about alignment.
- If revisions are needed, you will be contacted by a member of the CAP team with specific information related to the requested revisions.
- If no revisions are needed, you will be notified of your successful alignment!
Helpful hints when submitting for alignment
- If you are submitting for CAP Classic alignment, all 8 courses must be submitted at the same time. Information regarding your degree or certificate program must also be included.
- If you are submitting for CAP Expansion or TK alignment, you may submit any number of courses. No information regarding your degree or certificate is necessary.
- Either an approved (local/state) Course Outline of Record (COR) or a draft/proposed COR may be submitted for initial alignment.
CAP Alignment Instructions
All CAP projects are funded by the California Department of Social Services, Child Care and Development Division.